British Motorsports (was: Triumph Specilties)

To: alliant!british-cars@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Subject: British Motorsports (was: Triumph Specilties)
From: uunet!sco.COM!banta@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Beast)
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 90 11:04:00 PST
I, having spent lots of time and money in British Motorsports highly
recommend them.  The people are really friendly and know a shitload
about British cars.  I've found their prices to be pretty
reasonable.  They will consistantly beat Moss's prices (remember,
even if they order the part thru Moss, they are getting a retailers
price).  They've also been real helpful in pointing out aftermarket
parts to avoid thru mail order houses.

Their prices on small quantities of used parts can be high.  They
charge a flat $5 just to send someone out to their yard to get a
part.  Otherwise, used parts run about half the cost of a new part,
depending on condition.

And, OK, I do have some loyalty to them.  I'll be flying their
colors on the EP MGB this year.  We haven't decided on details, but
I'll take whatever I can get in exchange for that.  So, when you
show up at Sears for any regionals this year you'll be able to spot
me in the yellow & black (rolling barricade colours)
Fizzball/British Motorsports MG.

Happy oil sopping.
andy
uunet!sco!banta