Re: Oil Pressure, 'B Speedo

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: Oil Pressure, 'B Speedo
From: mit-eddie!tcgould.TN.CORNELL.EDU!garnett@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Roger Garnett)
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 90 10:37:26 EST
Oil pressure reduction in A, and B-series engines tends to result mainly from:
1) increased main and rod bearing clearences
2) worn rocker shaft and rocker bushings (often overlooked)
and finally,
3) Worn oil pump.
Then, there are the other things like camshaft, oil passages, bypass valves.

MGB speedo variations may be due to different speedo drive gear at the
transmission.

P.S.
I can't quite fit a 'B in the bed of my F100- it has a short box. Boy- I can
see it now- 2300 miles with a 'B in the back. 8-o

   ________
  /___  _  \        Roger Garnett           (garnett@tcgould.TN.CORNELL.EDU)
 /|   ||  \ \       Agricultural Economics
| |___||  _  |      3 Warren Hall            | South Lansing Centre For
| | \  |   | |      Cornell University       | Wayward Sports Cars
 \|  \ |__/ /       Ithaca, N.Y. 14853       | (607) 533-7735
  \________/        (607) 255-2522           | SAFETY FAST!