Re: Moving cars, addiction, oil pressure

To: Alliant!british-cars@uunet.UU.NET,
Subject: Re: Moving cars, addiction, oil pressure
From: mit-eddie!uunet.UU.NET!ssi!fanning!rmb@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Keptin Komrade Dr. Bobwrench III)
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 90 14:24:43 CST
->Other possibilities for low oil pressure:
->
->The pump itself seems incredibly reliable (I've never know anyone who had an
->oil pump fail), so really isn't a usual cause of low oil pressure (especially
->since bearings are supposed to increase clearances as the engine accumulates
->miles).

        This happened to my [SX]O's toyota last winter. I didn't figure it out
until after it punched a rod through the side of the block however...It had been
blinking the oil light intermittantly for several months, but had plenty of oil.
I think the pump was not pumping as much as it should have been and that @
normal rpm it was enough to satisfy the idiot light. As it wore down over
time the rpm that the light came on was higher and higher. Eventually it
tossed a rod while she was on the highway.

iii