Triumph Surrey top (and TR4A hoods)

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Triumph Surrey top (and TR4A hoods)
From: mit-eddie!wsl.dec.com!kent@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 90 10:34:33 PST
So I've been looking at pictures of TR4s with Surrey tops, and the
thought occurred that Sarah might look quite nice with one. Does anyone
have any idea on where I might find one, and what the cost might be?

And while you're thinking about tops, can someone who's familiar with
the TR4A hood (as distinct from the TR4, which was very different),
explain to me in gory detail how the hood/hood rail, hoodstick cover,
and tonneau are to be mounted, and what fasteners? My car is clearly
wrong, because it has snaps all the way 'round. It appears that the
hoodstick cover or tonneau should be able to go on with the hood in
place or not, which leads me to think that the back of the hood should
be mounted somehow with lift-the-dot studs, and that there need to be
another set of lift-the-dot studs in the body. I can see holes under
the hood rail that might be filled with such studs, but it's all very
confused. The factory manuals are completely vague on the topic.

Thanks,
chris