Re: More on LBC on MT

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: More on LBC on MT
From: Croaker the Physician <mit-eddie!us.oracle.com!markl@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 90 12:35:30 PDT
   Sender: british-cars-request@Alliant.COM
   Date: Thu, 14 Jun 90 11:37:17 EDT
   From: mit-eddie!tcgould.TN.CORNELL.EDU!garnett@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Roger Garnett)

   [ongoing ID of MG on TV]

           It could be a older tourer, or later Magna. Probably not an
   L or N Magnette. Not an SA, they had rectangular lover/venting (sorta
   like some Duesenbergs) I'd guess it may be a WA. Not big by American
   standards, but a lot bigger than the Midgets.
   Roger

The S,V, and W series cars were fairly substantial, and the W in
particular was *big*.  As far as I know they were six passenger,
four-door saloon cars with fairly nice appointments and big (well,
relatively big) engines.  They built the WA to compete with large
Jaguar saloon cars of the time; in fact a few of them ended up being
used as German staff cars in WWII.

  >It has integrated fenders (not the bike-type) that go all the way down
  >to the bottom of the body line but no running boards.  They are flat
  >on the outside and peaked on top.

This is from memory, but I think the S, V, and W cars all had running
boards.

like an early midget (J, K?).  I'll trot out a few books tonight and
see what I can come up with.

markl

Mark L. Lambert
Architecture Group, Network Products Division
Oracle Corporation

           Internet: markl@oracle.com
           UUCP:     ...{hplabs,apple,uunet}!oracle!markl
           USMail:   Oracle Corporation, 20 Davis Dr, Belmont CA 94002

"The parts falling off this car are of the finest British quality..."