electronic ignitions

To: amc-gw!british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: electronic ignitions
From: uunet!morpho!alan@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Alan Dahl)
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 90 09:52:59 PDT
Ed burns (eburns@ads.com) writes:
>>Have any of you replaced the old system with one of the
>>electronic ignition systems available?
>>I'd like to know which type(and brand) you have, your thoughts
>>on the installation and the performance change.  Are you glad
>>you did it?

>>The most widely available system is the Allison and it seems to
>>be the cheapest too.  They guy at the parts store told me they
>>were great and I'll wish I had done it long ago.  I expected a
>>response like that from a salesperson though.  I'd really
>>appreciate some of opinions.  Thanks.

-Ed

I have had an Allison electronic ignition on my Midget for
5 years now with no problems at all.  I seems to work well and
never needs to be fiddled with.  I wish the rest of the car
had been as reliable :-).
      ___    __    __    __          __      Alan Dahl
    / / /  /  /  /__/  /__/  /__/  /  /      North American MORPHO Systems
   / / /  /__/  / \   /     /  /  /__/       1145 Broadway Plaza
                                             Tacoma, WA. 98402, USA
   PH:  1 (206) 593-8021
   FAX: 1 (206) 591-8856             We shall not cease from exploration
   ...amc-gw!morpho!alan             And the end of all our exploring
                                     Will be to arrive where we started
Standard disclaimer applies...       And know the place for the first time.
                                         - T.S. Eliot