electronic ign.

To: british-cars@Alliant.Alliant.COM
Subject: electronic ign.
From: R. Eugene Johnston (smp) <mit-eddie!cs.unc.edu!rej@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 90 08:55:13 -0400
I am seriously considering converting to electronic ign for my
series 1 xj6. I am tired of having to dry out the distributer cap
whenever I let the car sit for several days. I have never had
so much trouble with condensation in the cap as this car has been
giving me. Would welcome suggestions for a solution. J.C. Whitney
advertises two different "electronic ign. conversion units that
fit American and Imported cars" one sells for $59 the other $79.
Any one have experience with these?