TR6 brake problems

To: british-cars@alliant.Alliant.COM
Subject: TR6 brake problems
From: mit-eddie!ames.arc.nasa.gov!ssi!ssiwest!young@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Indi)
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 90 11:40:35 PDT
        This from Mitch:

        The puzzle is getting better.

        Why are my TR6 front brakes seizing when they get warm?  Here are
        the things I've done to try to alleviate the problem:

                -bled the brakes (slight air bubbles)
                -used new LMA-GT fluid
                -rebuilt front brake calipers
                -cleaned pressure differential warning valve
                -what else is there????

        The really strange thing is that they will loosen with hard
        cornering!  So here's a scenario:  I take off from Livermore in
        the morning over highway 84 (windy road) using brakes very
        lightly.  Less than ten miles down the road, the brakes are
        seized and the pedal has zero travel.  Then I turn around and
        do some hard cornering (like jogging back and forth in the middle
        of the road) and they loosen up, but are still soft from the
        heat.  Bizarre.

        Any bites?

        indi (Cathy Young)         |"ssiwest!young"@lll-lcc.llnl.gov
        Supercomputer Systems, Inc | or: uunet!ssi!young
        Livermore, CA              | (415)373-8044