Cortina motors

To: britcars@ucscc.UCSC.EDU
Subject: Cortina motors
From: mit-eddie!ucscc.UCSC.EDU!red4est!lrc@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Larry Colen - Nerd in a black leather jacket)
Date: Fri Aug 24 02:30:02 1990
  Mark, I see that you mention that your race car has what
started out as a Cortina Motor.  I am very interested in
such subjects since my race car IS a Cortina.
  Is there much available over there in the way of performance
parts for Cortinas and their motors?  Particularly suspension
pieces.  With the Formula Ford contingent, motor parts are
fairly easy to get, but since I have the only ITC Cortina
in the San Francisco Region (maybe the SCCA, I dunno),
I don't have a lot of people around to talk to about
trick parts.
   The car by the way is a '68, 1600 GT.  Also, do you
know if the 'uprated' Kent 1600 ever made it into
Cortinas, or did they just go to the OHC motor at the time.
  Larry