Re: heresy

To: uw-beaver!british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: heresy
From: mit-eddie!beaver.cs.washington.edu!microsoft!timke@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Wed Sep 05 10:14:20 1990
| Ad in local paper:
|
| '76 Jaguar XJ12L, Chevy 350 V8, T400 transmission,
| 4dr sedan, newly restored, blah, blah, blah,...
|

| Question of the minute:  if it ain't got a 12-cylinder, is it still an
| XJ12L?

no, it's a patheticly lame attempt at a classy car that misses by a
mile and a half.  jeez i hate those things.  a couple weeks ago sheila
and i were at a "cruisin' car show" in portland winning a trophy with
her '65 dart gt convertible and i saw an xk120 with a v8.  AN XK120!
i about puked.  the license was "fixdcat".  i don't think the owner
meant neutered, but that's how i read it.  we also say a tr4a and an
ah 3000 with v8's. :(

i think i'm gonna buy something completely tasteless like a camaro and
drop an xk engine in it just because somebody has to.  i wonder how
hard that would be?  should get quite a few laughs at the jag shows.
i wonder how it would be accepted at the musclecar shows?

tim