like I said, speaking of tools...

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: like I said, speaking of tools...
From: mit-eddie!wsl.dec.com!kent@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 90 16:40:20 PDT
Having satisfied my quest for cheap safety wire pliers, I was ready to
buy a decent vise. My friend with the machine shop says "Buy a Wilton
4.5" machinist's vise and be done with it". Well, such a vice costs
between $250 and $350, depending on where you buy it. It's a hell of a
nice vice ... but that seems just a tad much.

Anyone know where to get one cheaper, or have words of wisdom about alternates?

I'm also in search of a decent workbench, or plans/suggestions for
same. Any suggestions? I figure if I work this all right, I'll save
almost enough money to buy an air compressor...

thanks,
chris