Spridget bearing specs

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Spridget bearing specs
From: mit-eddie!pwcs.StPaul.GOV!phile@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 90 21:05:57 CDT
The roller bearings I got for the front of the Spridget carry the
brand names of Bower/BCA and Federal Mogul.  Inner one says 30205,
outer says 4T- 30303 NTN.  They are made in Japan.  They seamed to
take up a little more space than the ball bearings, the nuts barely
clear the cotter hole and the disks seem to run a bit more outboard.
Nothing we can't handle.  Don't forget, you DON'T want to put the
"distance piece" (spacer) back in!  Seem ot work fine, no play now.
The right side ball bearings came apart when I pulled the hub!
--
phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov    In real life: Philip J Ethier
Phone: 298-5324