Re: I need my brit-car fix NOT

To: british-cars-local@wsl.dec.com
Subject: Re: I need my brit-car fix NOT
From: gregoret@celeste.mmwb.ucsf.edu (Lydia Gregoret)
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 90 13:37:38 PST
Hi Y'all,

I'm afraid I want to be removed from the list at least for the time
being.  I am trying to write my thesis and really tie things up around
here, so I think it would be best for me to minimize distractions.  I
will probably be moving to MIT or Yale within the next 6-12 months and
I will probably ask to be put on the list again then.

It's been really nice meeting you all in person and electronically.  I
would still be interested in receiving notifications about
get-togethers, so if you remember, Cc: me a copy.

The blue MGB is still running and still blue.  We're taking it on
another fairly lengthy trip to the foothills near Yosemite tonight.  No
major car adventures, except for the unfortunate occurence of the
mirror glass falling out of the side mirror at a gas station when CHuck
slammed the door.  Replacing the mirror's not a big deal and it was only
mildly embarassing, but since it happened, we've been besieged with
bad luck.  Three days later my wallet was stolen.  Later I found out that
I was being impersonated by the theif who was using my checks (which I
cancelled) and my driver's license as ID.   A week later someone dented
our Honda at Safeway and didn't leave a note.  Then on Halloween night
someone broke in to the Honda and stole Chuck's leather jacket.
It's really been a horrible October.  I got a new mirror yesterday, so
hopefully we won't have another six years and eleven months of this.

Anyway, later, everybody!
Lydia