TR6 Clutch adjustment & Cheerio

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: TR6 Clutch adjustment & Cheerio
From: paisley@cme.nist.gov (Scott Paisley)
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 91 12:46:02 EDT
Hello fellow british car enthusiasts!  I just became an owner of a
1976 TR6 as of last night, but have been an all around british car
person for about 10 years.  Anyway, as an owner of a british car, I
don't have the slightest idea who makes the best shop manuals for this
particular car.  Any pointers would be appreciated.

So, without a shop manual, I'm a bit timid to dive in and start
adjusting things.  The clutch disengages only when the clutch peddle
is put all the way to the floor.  (the clutch peddle is somewhat hard
to push as well, is that normal for a TR6?)  I would like the clutch
to engage a bit higher than 1/2 inch from the floor.  Can this
adjustment be described to me? or can ya'll point me to the right
place to find the answer?  I have done quite a bit of work on my
Honda, (including clutch replacement) so I'm not new to car work, but
I am new to british engineering.  :-)

Thanks for any pointers...

-Scott