Re: London Double Decker

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: Re: London Double Decker
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@dtc.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 91 15:14:13 pdt
Date:    Wed, 14 Aug 1991 13:23:50 EDT
From: DODD@ELMO.EL.WPAFB.AF.MIL
Subject: London Double Decker
To: british-cars@encore.com

> I noticed on a local for sale board that someone in town has:
>
>      51 AC Bristol London Double Decker bus
>      runs good, needs restored
>      $5K
>      (513) 258-3902  (Orin)
>
> If anyone is interested in the ultimate towing vehicle (doesn't everyone
> carry 5 tons of spares :-), let me know!  I will be glad to check and let
> you know more about it.  Just think, you would have room for your crew, and
> the fan club as well!
> MAD

This is only marginally related to the above posting but it reminded me
of something I haven't seen mentioned on the list before, to my
surprise.  Brit car enthusiasts who have visited the University of
California at Davis no doubt have noticed the Double Decker buses used
there for on campus public transportation.  I'm not sure who
manufactured them but they are British.  I have a poster size picture of
one of these buses shrouded in fog in my family room at home.  I plan to
take a closer look at it tonight to see if it's an AC.  I never dreamt
that my car and these buses had anything in common.

Roland Dudley
cobra@hpcdcsn.dtc.HP.COM
CSX2282