T-handles (was: Jaguar Spotter's Guide)

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: T-handles (was: Jaguar Spotter's Guide)
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@dtc.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 91 14:38:54 pdt
Date: 02 Oct 91 16:14:21 EDT
From: Shel Hall <76701.103@CompuServe.COM>
Subject: Jaguar Spotter's Guide

>(introduced in 1966) came only in 4.2 litres.  The very earliest cars had
>external bonnet catches operated with a removable T-handle like those on
>Triumph TR-2 and early TR-3 cars, but these cars are quite rare. The open

Does anyone know what the dimensions of the business end of one of these
T-handles is (I mean the ones for TR-2 & 3s).  My snake came with one
but it disappeared shortly after I bought the car and I've been using a
screwdriver ever since.  Does TRF carry them?

>all-synchro gearbox, as well as a change-over to negative-earth electrics
>with an alternator rather than a generator.

Well, maybe this explain why a Jag dealer tried to charge the battery up
backwards on my friend's new '65 'E' type when he took it in for
servicing a few months after he buying it.  I never understood how
someone supposedly familiar with his car could have made such a dumb
mistake.  Eventually every component in the charging system had to be
replaced.  At my friends expense, of course.

Roland Dudley
cobra@hpcdcsn.dtc.HP.COM
CSX2282