Re: Stecz and the Bugeye

To: British Cars <british-cars@hoosier>
Subject: Re: Stecz and the Bugeye
From: garnett@theory.TC.CORNELL.EDU (Roger Garnett)
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 1991 12:34:41 EDT
On Oct 7,  2:22pm, sfisher@Pa.dec.com wrote:

[The usual educational volume]

} was a Sprite prototype called WAEC (for "wheel at each corner") that used a
} Mini-Cooper 1275S drivetrain mounted behind the driver.  The car's styling

Similar idea to the Uni-Power GT. Fibre-glass bodied GT, mini drive train in
the rear. The one that runs at Watkins Glen was for sale this year, but
they were asking way too much, as the car was in need of a LOT of proper
prep and body work. ($20K)

Speaking of Sprites and mini's, I'm starting to consider starting a vintage
race project, which could range from Bugeye to a Mini or an Imp, an MGB to
an Elva or Turner, or even building up my MKII Sprite. If anybody is
aware of good candidates, I'd be interested in hearing about them.
(Reasonably affordable cars or donations only please.)
      Roger Garnett           (garnett@BATCOMPUTER.TC.CORNELL.EDU)
        The South Lansing Centre For Wayward Sports Cars
      "All donations of stray, orphaned, odd, neglected, etc.
       sports cars and bits in need of a good home accepted."
        "The drop off bin is right there- behind the barn..."