Woodley Park LBC meet

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Woodley Park LBC meet
From: salex@devvax.Jpl.Nasa.Gov
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 91 11:22:52 PDT
I made it to the Woodley Park British Car meet on Sunday.  This is
the first meet of this sort that I've been to and it's inspiring.
I'm no good at estimating number of cars, but would guess that the
count was in the low hundreds.  After reading about all the different
cars you drive, it's nice to actually get a chance to see what some
of them look like.

I spent a little time talking with a guy who had a '30s Jaguar SS up
for sale.  He's asking $120,000, but said he's not really sure how
much it's worth since it's been a while since one has changed hands.

Some of the other highlights for me were the Lotuses (so that I can
be jealous of Phillip; probably 20 of them ranging from Elans to
Cortinas (including a race prepped one) to Elites, etc) and
Austin-Healy's (which I hadn't seen many of before).  There were also
a couple of Cobras and Tigers.

On the whole, a pretty good way to spend a Sunday afternoon and also
a good way to get inspired to get the MGB running.

Scott