cheap Whitworth wrench set

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: cheap Whitworth wrench set
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@dtc.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 91 10:10:25 pdt
While digging around in some of the more remote recesses of my snake
I've come across a number of Whitworth fasteners.  I already had 1/4 W
for brake work but there were still a few nuts and bolts that none of my
SAE or metric tools fit.  So when I spotted the $19.95 six wrench set in
the lasted Moss mailer, I ordered one.  They arrived yesterday and even
though they are used tools they seem to be in reasonably good condition.
If you have an older Britcar like a T-series MG, this might be a good
starter set or perhaps an extra set to keep in the car.  The price is
very reasonable compared to what a new set of wrenches would cost.
Beside the fact that they are all open-end, my only real criticism is
that some of them are a bit short and the largest probably wouldn't be
of much use unless you have a fire hydrant in your trunk.  Still, they
are cheap.  For anyone interested, the set is shown on page 4 and the
ordering number is 383-100.

Roland