Midget bodies

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Midget bodies
From: gerry@speedy.att.com
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 91 13:08 EST
I spoke with Winner's Circle last week, as I was enquiring
about a coil over shock conversion for a Midget. I saw this
conversion on many Midgets at the SCCA Nationals (most of them
were forn runners). Winner's Circle told me that a company called
We-Race do make such a conversion. I have dealt with We-Race in the
past but I have misplaced their addres/tel # (I think they are
located in Washington or Oregon)
Does anybody have their tel # ?

> I just read that they are going to start selling brand new Midget
> bodies again.  I hope they don't cost as much as the B bodies!
Will

Yes they are remanufacturing the Midget body again. Classic Cars had
2 articles on this a couple of months ago and they are producing the
post 63 (?) bodies for the moment (ie the bodies with the wind up windows).
Actually you can have any style you want square or round wheel arch. The price
from memory was #1995 (pounds sterling) for a basic body with doors, bonnet
and boot and #1500 with out doors, wings and bonnet.

You think $3000 is a lot for and MGB body ????? try pricing how much
it would retore a rotten MGB body - you'll get close to $5000 in labour
and parts. A member of our Postive Earth club had his MGB done and
just to do everything from the crease line down cost $3000 for both sides.
(ie front and rear wings, sills and some floor work)

I think $3000 is just right for a BRAND NEW body shell, remember you
are getting everything new, so no rust in hidden parts of the body. Also
the body has never flexed or been hit, so you know what you are getting.

Gerry.