Re: Sterlings-

To: british-cars@hoosier, tobin@neagp.enet.dec.com
Subject: Re: Sterlings-
From: william sadler <wsadler@copper.ucs.indiana.edu>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 1991 08:38:06 -0500
Greg writes:

>Leatherwork Japanese. Odd, but ok.  Electrics British.  What??   Why this odd
> arrangement?  Am I wrong? I would have thought the bodywork/leather would

There was an article in a recent MGC "C Notes" about how someone had
discovered that the brake cylinder components on MGCs matched almost
exactly a large variety of Japanese cars, esp. Datsuns.  So, rather than
paying a bunch of money for MGC brake parts you just go to any old parts
store and buy the Datsun parts then rebuild it yourself.  I guess the
Japanese borrowed quite a lot of British technology.

Will