The dignity of LBCs

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: The dignity of LBCs
From: Timothy Lyle Smith <tsmith@plains.NoDak.edu>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1993 14:06:09 -0600
   The long and short of it is LBCs have no dignity, or for that matter
character.

   If you take an objective look at the cars, they're not any better than
anything else on the road.  There are cars that are more reliable, faster,
comfortable, etc.

   However, MY LBC has dignity and character.  It wouldn't be caught dead
it neon or day-glo whatsits.  It has thought about wheel covers but as of yet
is undecided.  It is not concerned about originality or concours points.  It
wants to be a neat,clean car with just the right amount of pizzaz.  It wants
to be reliable and comfortable.  It wants to be driven.

   My LBC loves long straight roads, swooping curves and hills to climb.  It
even wants to fly but hasn't figured out just how to do it yet.  It depends on
me to take care of the bumps and scrapes, washing behind the wheels and such.
I rebuilt it once after it was totaled using parts of it and parts of others.
I feared that it would never be the same car again, but it is.  The "soul" of
my LBC exists seperate from the parts but not without the parts.

   An LBC has no character, dignity, or soul other than that given by the
person(s) involved with it.  If that includes day-glo, so be it.  The LBC
probably loves it.

       Tim