TR6: Transmission tunnel cover

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: TR6: Transmission tunnel cover
From: Dean_Zywicki%NIHDCRT.BITNET@CU.NIH.GOV
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 92 14:28:34 EST
|Date: 3-4-92  2:28pm
|From: Dean Zywicki:dcrt:nih
|  To: {british-cars@hoosier.utah.edu}:INTERNET
|Subj: TR6: Transmission tunnel cover
   In trying to as much as I can with what little (money) I have I was
thinking of ways to help my trans. tunnel cover.  Awhile back, someone
was thinking of using fiberglass body stuff to form a trans. tunnel
cover for a TR3.  I was thinking of trying the same thing for my TR6.
But, I have no experience with any body filler materials.  I wasn't
going to try to mold a new one.  It's pretty well intact, but a few
holes in strategic locations make for a hot ride.  My idea was to put
dsome window screen over the holes and try to patch it with some body
filler (I'll need the body filler eventually anyway).  Does this sound
feasible ?

   As always,

     Dean "Any comments appreciated" Zywicki