low gauges

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: low gauges
From: paisley@cme.nist.gov (Scotty Paisley)
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 92 09:02:48 EST
I have a small concern on my TR6.  I just rebuild the engine, and the
water temp looks low after it's warmed up.  The gauge points at the
first mark.  (I think there are four marks on the gauge) Anyway, I
think that the gauge reported the water was this cool before the
rebuild.  I do get heat from the car, so I don't think it's running
that cold.  It has a 180 thermostat in it.  Does anyone know if I can
check the temp sender with an ohm meter?  Another interesting note is
that the fuel gauge reads low too.  Fill it up and it says 3/4 a tank!
What a gas guzzler!  BUT the voltage gauge reads 15V.  I haven't
checked that one with my volt meter yet.  So, anyone got any ideas?
Pray to Lucas?  Did I forget my electron sacrifice?

---
If ignorance is bliss, why aren't there more happy people?

Scott Paisley        paisley@cme.nist.gov      ..!uunet!cme-durer!paisley