Re: TR Windscreen Replacment

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Re: TR Windscreen Replacment
From: spit@neuro.duke.edu (Michael Burdick (Spidiot Savant))
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 92 10:16:28 EST
Dick Nyquist <dickn@hpspdln.spd.hp.com> wrote:
   > Darrell asked:
   > | Has anyone installed a windscreen on a TR4-6?  The Moss TR6 catalog

   > Yes I've done a tr4 and Yes it is easy. Particularly if you see some one
   > with experiance do it before you try.

   [Description of process deleted]

Well I tried Dick's technique last night and it worked like a charm.  I
used a piece of rope a little bigger than Dick recommended (5/16 vs.
1/8") and next time I think I'll go with the 1/8".  The problem with the
thicker rope was that it filled up the channel in the seal making it a
little difficult to get it into the frame at first.  However, as I pulled
the cord out it seated itself pretty well.  The worst part of the job
was working with the sealer which is really sticky and tended to get all
over everything.  Cleanup should not be too bad though as it cures to a
rubbery consistancy and peels off easily.  The stuff I used came from
the Eastwood Company in a tube that goes in your caulking gun.

So if you are thinking about doing it yourself, it can be done.  I have
Dick's description of the process if anyone wants it.

=>mdb