British Racing Cars For Sale

To: british-cars%hoosier.utah.edu@uunet.uu.net
Subject: British Racing Cars For Sale
From: archer@hsi86.hsi.com (Garry Archer)
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 92 09:56:59 -0400
Hiya Gang.

The missus picked up the local "Bargain News" (contains a photo section
for cars).  We love to get one once a while to check out the plethora of
British cars for sale, especially after the winter months.  There's
always a bunch of MGs, Triumphs and Austin Healeys for sale.  But I like
to find the oddballs too.  Not that any are "odd", but you know what I
mean, you don't see that many for sale.  Like the 1954 Morris Monor with
the 1275 cc engine "needs minor restoration" for about $1175.  The photo
seems to indicate its in good nick (condition).  Must admit, its very
tempting... and so is the 1970 Morris Minor right next to it! ($1475)

Anyway, in this week's edition there were photos of a couple of cars
that made my heart beat twice as hard.

One was a mint condition Mini Cooper 'S' that is setup for racing and
the ad claimed its won a few races.  It went on to say it was painted
BRG (be still my heart...).  But the kicker:  $42,500.  Yow!

There was another Mini next to it (at the same place), in white, about $13,000.

The same place was also selling (oh here I go, I just wet myself...)
an Aston Martin DB2 in racing trim for about $38,000, complete with
beautiful wire wheels.  The paint was dark.  BRG?  The ad didn't say.

Sorry, I didn't bring the ads in with me to work for further details.
They're still drying out at home from all the drool...

        - Garry Archer
                "Before I die, I _will_ get me an Aston Martin!"