Re: Re: MGB tech questions

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Re: Re: MGB tech questions
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 92 11:29:03 pdt
> To: phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov (Philip J Ethier)
> Cc: british-cars@hoosier.utah.edu, sfisher@Pa.dec.com
> Subject: Re: MGB tech questions
> Date: Wed, 15 Apr 92 10:49:01 PDT
> From: What was the question again? <sfisher@wsl.dec.com>
>

> It might make a difference if the fan's blades are curved rather than
> merely angled.  That is, it's much easier to get a pinwheel to turn
> if you blow on the front of it than if you blow on the back of it.  The

It might very well make a difference.  This is just the shape of an
aircraft propeller; that is it has pitch and acts as an airfoil.  In
addition it has an aerodynamic shape for reduced drag in only one
orientation.

Does a B have an electric fan?  My snake does.  In fact, the manual says
that the fan attached to the water pump is to be removed after the
engine is broken in.  My car came without this fan.  Until I rebuilt the
engine in the late '60s, I never had any overheating problems.  But the
rebuild involved a lot of heat producing mods like a hotter cam,
increased CR, bigger valves, et cetera.