Trivia question from previous post

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Trivia question from previous post
From: "Daren Stone, D2 IE, 5-9521, bpr:237-2322, RN2-C6" <DSTONE@SC9.intel.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 92 17:47:46 PDT
     This excerpt was pulled from Scott Fisher #1's previous
     posting about mid-engined brit-cars, and I thought it a
     good oppourtunity to test the collective wisdom of the
     SOLers. Question appended at the end.

>>There were two very interesting mid-engined cars designed with mass-
production in mind.  One of them, code-named WAEC, was a special built
by Geoff Healey and his crew out at The Cape.  Using a 1275S Mini Cooper
engine and transaxle, this car stuck the power unit behind the driver,
gave it a sort of targa bar (like the X 1/9, 914, and others) for
rigidity and a removable canvas top for fun, and was considered as a
Sprite/Midget replacement in about 1965.  Unfortunately, BMC management
at its best was scarcely better than BL management, so they canceled
the project because -- get this, this one kills me -- "sports car owners
are too conservative to accept such a radical change."  Idiots.  Think
about running one of THOSE in F Production... <<

     And the question is, what does WAEC stand for ? (no Scott, not you)

     The first correct answer entitles the submitter to feel smug.

          cheers-
                 dstone@sc9.intel.com