Re: TR-3 restoration help?

To: Greg_Meythaler@ccm.hf.intel.com, british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Re: TR-3 restoration help?
From: Teriann J. Wakeman <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 92 10:20:32 -0700
I never took the body of my TR3 off the frame. My frame is in very good shape.

Be carefull about sand blasting large sheet metal panels.  The cand can beat
them
into a new streached shape.  Dick Nyquest lost major panels to sand blasting.

I confine my sand blasting to reinforced imposible to sand places and cast
metal.

The inner sill if a TR3 is very stron and aligns the front of the body to
the back of the body.

Interesting thing about the TR3, you can get many new replacemnt metal
pannels.  I replaced the middle third of my TR3 from Roadster Factory
new metal parts.  Both floors, and the inner & outer sills.  Moss
provided a new rear valence.

The suspension on my TR3 was very tired.  I replaced all the springs, front
and rear, both front trunions, all the bushings, and had Apple Hydrolics
rebuild the rear shocks.

I have streached out my parts purchases over 3 years because of costs.

Good Luck

TeriAnn