Old Parts Collecting and Water Sports

To: pacdata!dave@uunet.uu.net
Subject: Old Parts Collecting and Water Sports
From: brucec@amex-trs.com (Bruce Carter)
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 92 14:07:24 -0700
Dave Ambrose writes:
>>      Now I get to live with all the comments from my coworkers about
>>  the flakey cars I drive.  I need some snappy come back lines :-S.
>>
>>      Dave "I need a few hours under the bonnet" Ambrose

I thought this was the norm. I put up with this all of the time. It
matters not where I'm working in the country or for who. It is always
the same. "How come you drive a car that you spend almost as much time
working on as you do driving. It seems like you are alway sworking on
the thing."

My reply is "Well..... I like the car and it is a break from the
everyday grind at the computer. Besides the car has character, and class."

And they reply "Why don't you get a new car like the Miata or something."

And this dialog continues ad infinitum. NAd the sad thing is occasionaly
I actually think about trading it in or selling it when it seems that
I'm working on it too much, and I want to be out driving the thing.

In fact here at Amex (American Express), one guy owns a Vette, and
another one owns a Porsche(sp) 928, and I own an MGB. And they may have me
beat on pure expensiveness on parts, but what I lack in expensiveness I
make up in quantity.

Just the ramblings of an English sports car freak...

Bruce "now if I could find a thermostat that works" Carter