re: QH (Quenton-Hasel) parts

To: Dean_Zywicki%NIHDCRT.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu
Subject: re: QH (Quenton-Hasel) parts
From: whs70@dancer.cc.bellcore.com (sohl,william h)
Date: 1 Jun 1992 16:02 EDT
>   Anyone have any feelings about QH parts for brit. cars.  Their
>packaging is orange with a blue lion on it.  The clutch I got for my
>midget is a QH, it's made in England and looks just like the original,
>i.e. aprt # and lettering stamped in the same position.  I was just
>wondering if this will be a decent clutch.
>   As far as the engine/gearbox rebuild goes:  I have the gearbox back
>together, but I can't get the crankshaft bolt off of the engine.  I'm
>going to try to load the block/crank into my car and take to a place
>with an airwrench (luckily I already have the 1 7/8" socket for the
>nut).  This operation should be real fun.  Now, if only I was going to
>be in town the next two weekends and the big car car show wasn't the
>next weekend.  Oh well.  At least the car isn't broken, just apart.
>It's tough explaining that to some people.

Q-H stuff was the supplier (I believe) of many parts directly
to the assembly line.  It should all be good stuff.

Bill Sohl (K2UNK) BELLCORE (Bell Communications Research, Inc.)
Morristown, NJ             email via UUCP      bcr!dancer!whs70
201-829-2879 Weekdays      email via Internet  whs70@dancer.cc.bellcore.com