Healey 3000 mk III

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Healey 3000 mk III
From: William Hartwell Woodruff <woodruff@engin.umich.edu>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 92 15:25:18 -0400
        Well its finally happened.  Long time ago I fell for those Healey
3000's.  I found a 67 BJ8.  The car is complete, but rusted.  It can
all be repaired.  The worst part is the rear sheet metal, but the seller has
another complete rear end.  The engine still turns over, and the car was a
driver until the gas tank was removed 3 years ago. Every aspect of the
car needs attention.  I am hoping to pull it off the frame and start from
the ground up.  The only real problem i see is that the front shroud is
distorted and mangled.  I think it would be best to replace it.  It has
wire wheels and an overdrive.  The guy has 5500.00 into it, and that is
his asking price.  Do you all think this a good deal, or has emotion clouded
my judgement?

Woodruff@caen.engin.umich.edu