Griffith

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Griffith
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 92 09:04:23 pdt
A couple more words on Griffiths then I'll leave off.  The latest
Snakebite Bulletin (quarterly letter from the national Shelby American
Automobile Club) has one listed for sale for $38.5k.  It's a '65 series
200 w/Hi-Po 289; updates (whatever that means); red/black (weren't they
all?).  Featured on cover of SUPER FORD magazine 1/85.  Pompton Lakes,
NJ.

>From what I recall of Griffiths this seems a tad high to me; but
then they are rare.

There's also a '67 Tiger listed for $22k.  The ad sez Mk I but it has a
289 and '67 was the year of the 289 powered Mk II so this may be a
misprint.  Or:  buy this guy's '66 GT350 and his '69 Boss 302 for $50k
and he'll throw the Tiger in at no extra charge.  Newton, IA.

For those of you with deeper pockets there's a Cooper-Monaco (Tracor 289
& Webers, dry sump) for a mere $250k (negotiable), in Redmond, WA.

There were also two 289 Mk II Cobras listed (no prices) and a 427 for
only $350k.  The 427 seller is also selling one of the Mk IIs.

Roland Dudley
cobra@hpcdcsn.cdc.hp.com