Midget 1500 starter button fix..

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Midget 1500 starter button fix..
From: RGOLEN@umassd.edu
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1992 12:19 EDT
I just want to thank all of you folks who responded to my querry
about rigging up a starter button for my 1500. After tracking down
the necessary parts, tools, etc., it took about 20 minutes to rig
up a new starter switch.

I got a push-button, surface mounted horn switch. Ran two wires through
the firewall via the speedometer cable gromet to the switch. Attached
the wires, then mounted the switch on the side of the console via
the console mounting screws.

Next ran the wire to the solenoid. Connected one wire to the battery
side, the other to the ign. switch terminal. Push the button...
voila!!!! The starter once again works from inside the car!

SCORE:   Grizabella - 1       LUCAS - 0

Ric Golen