Re: Re: Painting Alloy Wheels

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Re: Painting Alloy Wheels
From: Jeffrey Lo <Jeffrey_Lo@ccm.hf.intel.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 92 14:43:07 PST
> I don't remember who the original poster was, but Brandon Fryer at British
> European Automotive (683 El Camino Real in Sunnyvale, 408 738 2629) said he
> could bead blast the rims and have them painted for between $40 and $50 each.
> This is the shop I have do all the impossible work (like replace the brass
> bushings in the front end) on my sprites, and they repainted and repaired
> Chris's TR4 Sarah after the Deer incident.  Brandon does really nice work and
> doesn't try to rip you off.  His dad Anthony has been running the place since
> 1965.  If you live in the Bay Area and need stuff done I can't recommend
> them highly enough (that was a superlative not a negative you wise guys).
> --
>
> Miq Millman -- miq@sgi.com or {decwrl,pyramid,att}!sgi!miq  415 390 1041

I can also recommend Brandon.  I just picked up my TR6 this morning after he
fixed a broken frame attach point for the front suspension.  He had to do some
metal fabrication after "a bunch of little pieces of metal fell out" when he
removed the left side front suspension.  He also worked on the rear hub of the
car after it spun the bearing.  He has had a number of TR6's himself and appears
very knowledgable on LBCs.  While waiting for my car this morning I also noticed
a flyer up in the office that said they also do powder coating now.  One word of
warning though, at this point they only take checks and cash.  Like the
commercial, they don't take American Express.  Unlike the commercial, they don't
take Visa or MasterCard either.

--
Jeff Lo
Jeffrey_Lo@ccm.hf.intel.com