Seeking LBC

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Seeking LBC
From: paulg@cme.nist.gov (Paul Gilders)
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 92 11:13:30 EDT
Hi SOLers,

        Well, having been away from my Midget in England for a year now, and
looking at an extended period of residence in the US, my patience has finally
run out - I'm suffering from severe LBC withdrawal symptoms. I'm therefore
wishing to take the risky step of discarding my "reliable", "sensible" vehicle
in favour of something that will force air into the roots of my hair.

        I think I should be able to raise up to 3000 dollars on a suitable
vehicle, and I'm therefore tempted to try and acquire an MGB. I don't have
a fantastic array of tools and facilities, so I'm really looking for a
vehicle that does not need large chunks of "restoration"-type work. So
basically, I would be keen to hear from anyone who has any advice to give
me on buying an LBC over here for my requirements and also any knowledge
of candidate vehicles would be very much appreciated. I am living in the
Maryland/Virginia/DC area, but would consider travelling further afield for
extraordinary bargains.

        Thanks,

        Paul.