Re: Re: CLANK XX- The Clankster St

To: twakeman@apple.com
Subject: Re: Re: CLANK XX- The Clankster St
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 92 07:53:22 pdt
> Date: Tue, 16 Jun 92 09:46:03 -0700
> From: Teriann J. Wakeman <twakeman@apple.com>
> To: Jerry_Kaidor.ENGINTWO@engtwomac.synoptics.com, british-cars@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re:  CLANK XX-  The Clankster St
>
> about 3 months before it started leaking big time.  Last weekend I went to
> install a set of new two ear knockoffs I got from the Roadster Factory.
> They all looked good until I first hit the fourth knockoff with my copper
> hammer.  A big strip of chrome pealed off the knockoff.  Of course, the
> knockoffs have sat in their shipping box long enough for TRF's warrenty to run
> out.  I'll have to give them a call to see if they will replace it.
>
> TeriAnn

Hmmm.  Maybe that's why British Wire Wheel strongly suggests using a
lead hammer on knock-offs.  I hope the set I bought from them is of
better quality than the set you got from TRF.  My old ones have been
pounded to death with a brass hammer and I've never had any chrome peal
off.  But they are pretty beat up as a result.

Roland

P.S.  I noticed the same thing about the quality of remanufactured
      items I bought from Moss and a couple of other suppliers
      recently.