Identity Crisis or My motorcycle thinks it's British!

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Identity Crisis or My motorcycle thinks it's British!
From: RCG1597@ZEUS.TAMU.EDU
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1992 6:43:19 -0500 (CDT)
        Well here's a story that shows that the british may not have had bad
electrical systems, they just designed them to their natural state.  Yesterday
was coming around a curve on my motorcycle (Suzuki GS300) and it quit running.
I looked down at the gauges and everything was glowing too brightly.  I stopped
and discovered that the solitary fuse on the bike had been corroded and lost
connection.  This somehow causewd the regulator to open wide and send lots o
juice through the system.  This fried every light I had active at the time.  So
I replaced the fuse and cranked the bike to life.  Now if I got the bike over a
certain RPM (~2500) I would lose a cylinder.  I thought the power surge may
have
damaged the ignition coil or something.  So I went to the local auto parts
store (slowly) to get more bulbs.  On the way over there, the bike began
functioning normally again!  Okay so I thank divine intervention and get my
bulbs.  On the way to work this morning, I noticed that the backlight on my
speedo wasn't working.  I figured I blew that too and would have to replace it,
no big deal.  Halfway to work the light popped on all by itself!  I think I
have
been telling my bike too many stories about my MGA.....

*Rick Guynn -MG driver wanna-be.  *  MGA 1600 MkII                        *
*RCG1597@zeus.tamu.edu            *  Rebuild (complete) to be finished ?? *
*Texas A&M University             *                                       *
*Keeper of the eternal octagon    *                                       *
* a.k.a. The marque symbol that   *                                       *
*        refuses to die.          *                                       *