oil leak...

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: oil leak...
From: "Mmmmmm, doughnuts! 18-Jun-1992 1255" <metzger@decwet.ENET.dec.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 92 12:55:14 PDT
if it isn't one thing than it's another....

I finally get the car running right after installing the weber and I get an oil
leak out the rear of the engine...It's a 1275cc Midget and it's either leaking
through the oil pan or around the cam shaft. Since I'll look at first things
first...Is it possible to drop the sump on  Midget with the engine still in the
car? If it's not out of the oil pan where would be the next logical place to
look? I gunked the engine yesterday in hopes of finding out exactly where the
leak is coming from but no go...and it's leaking too  much to ignore....

I don't relish pulling the engine during prime driving season because I fear
shiprights disease will set in :-)

BTW - Did my last post asking about weber help get out? I'm curious because I
recieved no responses....

thanks

 John
 metzger@decwet.dec.com