engine break-in (was Re: Need TR-6 Header recommendations.)

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: engine break-in (was Re: Need TR-6 Header recommendations.)
From: key@cs.utk.edu
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 92 11:11:54 EDT
> From: berry@athos.pei.com (Berry Kercheval)
> If you're sure that you don't ever want to spend a weekend knocking
> over orange traffic cones, go ahead and do what you like, but be aware
> that there are drawbacks.

I agree with you totally and that's the reason I put a stock cam
back in during the overhaul, although it was tempting. Due to a
number of reasons, I picked DSP over ES (where I currently run
my Integra).

As long as I've got the floor, how about break-in advice for a
rebuilt motor?  I've heard a lot of conventional wisdom (keep
the revs low for ~500 miles, change oil/filter at 100mi for
shavings, retorque head 250mi, oil again ~500mi, drive cautiously
and listen to engine).  Other tips?  I'm sure I should bring
the stresses up gradually after 500mi and not just jump right
into an autocross.

Thanks,
Ken Key  (key@cs.utk.edu)