Re: Meets, etc.

To: 70471.1433@compuserve.com, british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Re: Meets, etc.
From: william sadler <wsadler@silver.ucs.indiana.edu>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1992 09:38:54 -0500
I was at Indy British Car Day.  It was a good show and I intended to
post something, but I have been too busy with other stuff until now.

There were a lot of cars there.  I think they had to close admission
because they ran out of space.  3 MGCs (including mine) though I had
the only tourer.  There were a lot of Bs and TR6s and a whole bunch of
TVRs.  Several Nash Metropolitans (which my wife liked) and the usual
assortment of E-types, midgets, spitfires, Austin-Healy 3000s, and
TDs.  There were only a couple of bugeye sprites.  A few Morgans
made appearances as well.

In the Masters class there were some interesting cars.  A Jensen-Healey
and a Jag XK 140 with special race modifications stand out in my
memory most. All in all there were a lot of cars.  As my wife pointed
out, you eventually get over-loaded and find yourself commenting things
like, "oh, another Europa" or "oh, another perfectly restored Big Healey."

We had a good time.  I had an SOL logo printout on my windshield, but no
one from the list made contact.  There were about 10 vendors there (including
TRF).  Mostly people with bins of bits for various cars.  Someone with
a Triumph or a B would probably have been able to find a lot of good
stuff.

The awards were given by "classes," which were randomly determined
as far as I could tell except for the masters class and the "diamond
in the rough" category (the only Land Rover, looking suitably "rough"
was in this class).  I would have preferred to have had all of the Bs
parked together, all of the Cs, all of the 6s, etc., but I guess they
wanted to spread everything out.  The top 5 cars in each division got
an award in no particular order.  There were 10 divisions total with
about 25 cars in each division.

On October 18 there will be a Fall Rallye hosted by the Hoosier MG Unlimited
Car Club in Indianapolis.  If anyone would like to go send me a message
and I'll get you directions.  I won't be able to attend because
of a regatta that weekend.

Post Toasties (originally called "Elijiah's Mannah from Heaven"),

Will
c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c
c  _    _   ___    ___           Ceeasaurus!                      c
c | \  / | /   \  /   \  Will    | wsadler@copper.ucs.indiana.edu c
c |  \/  ||   __ |       Sadler  | or will@cica.indiana.edu       c
c |      | \___/  \___/       Bloomington, Indiana                c
c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c