RE: gasket material

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, work@riggs.b30.ingr.com
Subject: RE: gasket material
From: "Daren Stone, D2 Mfg. Engr. C5/6, 5-9521" <DSTONE@SC9.intel.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 92 06:38:09 PDT
     Re: Kevin Riggs asks about gasket making-

     I recently bought a hole punch set at a leather store
     to assist in the fabrication of impossible-to-locate
     Riley water pump gaskets. I got the punch handle & 6 or
     7 interchangeable punch tips for about $8. Works like a
     charm for the many small bolt holes, tho you can also
     use a bullet casing if you just happen to have one lying
     around.
          One other thing I noticed while I was at this
     store was very large (~1" dia.), one-piece hole punches
     that now that I'm thinking about it would probably work
     well for cutting out intake/exhaust port holes. I believe
     they were about $10. Daren says check it out -

          cheers-
                 dstone@sc9.intel.com