Midget Wheel Bearing, Side Stripes and A-B Article

To: BRITISH-CARS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: Midget Wheel Bearing, Side Stripes and A-B Article
From: kmwheeler@ualr.edu
Date: Sat, 07 Nov 1992 13:31:40 EST
 Thanks to everyone who responded to my welder
 question.  I'm currently MIG hunting...

 Our '79 Midget has a bad front wheel bearing.  Any
 advice/experience who should know of before we
 tackle the job of replacing it?

 The Midget is going to have to be repainted.  My
 fiancee (it's hers) wants to repaint it the original
 racing green.  The car has side stripes.  A short one
 on top, and a long one running the length of the car.  These
 are connected at the back of the car by a vertical section.
 The stripes are gold with a white outline.  We have been
 unsuccessful in finding a listing for these stripes.
 Are they original, dealer, or possibly aftermarket?
 It seems that they've been on the car for a long time.
 We would like to replace them when we repaint it.

 The March 1991 copy of Supercar & classics has a good article
 on the Arnolt-Bristols, "Wacky's Racers".  This edition has an
 MGB on the front cover, with the lead article "Buying an Early
 MGB (And Why You Should)"  Rather flattering.  Only the month
 before the cover was graced with a pair of GT-40's.

 Someone said something about the Weber on their Renault
 powered Lotus.  I guess it wouldn't be nearly as cool to talk
 about the Solex on my Renault powered Renault ('68 R10)  :-)

 Keith