TR3 stud size?

To: hoosier.utah.edu!british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: TR3 stud size?
From: gfd@akguc.att.com
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 92 08:13 EST
Reassembling my TR3, I brought out the bag of studs used
to fasten the tonneau/hood to the body.  Lo and behold
there are two stud lengths with machine screw threads
(there is another size but they are for the wind screen).

I looked in the VB catalog and, for the TR2/3 from 53 to
62 they show a "tennax stud-w/shield fram" and a "lift
a dot stud". From the sketch you can't tell which is
longer or where they go.

I'm guessing that one size goes on the door and one size
on the body.  If anyone can look at their TR3 (if it is
assembled past where TeriAnn was going to disassemble
hers to...) I would appreciate some feedback.

Thanks,
George DeVeau akguc.att.com!gfd
Norcross (near Tucker) GA