Re: LBCs for sale

To: lupienj@hpwarq.wal.hp.com
Subject: Re: LBCs for sale
From: whs70@dancer.cc.bellcore.com (sohl,william h)
Date: 11 Nov 1992 11:01 EST
>> The last ad was 1700/700 last week, and is the sole surviving LBC ad
>> from the last batch I posted.  The TR6 looks like a good deal...I'd
>> check it out myself if I wasn't totally spooked about swing axles
>> by all the tales of woe I read here.

Actually the TR-6 does not have a "swing axle."  A "swing axle" is
a rear where there is only one U-joint on each rear axle close
to the differential.  Examples of that configuration are the early
Spitfires and the early VWs.

The TR-6 uses a fully independant rear which incorporates two u-joints
on each axle (an inner near the dif. and an outer near the wheel.)

The primary difference then is that the rear wheels on a swing axle car
follow an arc when the move up and down, whereas the rear wheels on
a fully independent rear move in a fairly straight up and down line.
Standard Disclaimer- Any opinions, etc. are mine and NOT my employer's.
Note - If email replying to me with an automatic addressing process
bounces, manually address the resend using one of the addresses below.
Bill Sohl (K2UNK) BELLCORE (Bell Communications Research, Inc.)
Morristown, NJ             email via UUCP      bcr!dancer!whs70
201-829-2879 Weekdays      email via Internet  whs70@dancer.cc.bellcore.com