re: british car net

To: tdm@akguc.att.com
Subject: re: british car net
From: whs70@dancer.cc.bellcore.com (sohl,william h)
Date: 1 Dec 1992 13:09 EST
>From akguc.att.com!tdm Tue Dec  1 08:48:20 1992
>     A friend of mine, fellow british car nut, is a consultant.  He
>works at home and is on "Prodigy".  Can someone tell me how he can
>sign-on to "british-cars" ?  (He's a fellow   british-car   nut,
>not a fellow-british     car-nut...)
>Thanks,
>Don Mathis 404-447-3982
>Norcross, Georgia

At this time it can't be done because there's no "gateway" between
the internet (the network we are all on and connected by) and the
Prodigy service.  I've seen a few comments within the last month or
so that there might be a Prodigy gateway in the near future, but as of
now, there's no way to connect.  In contrast to Prodigy, Compuserve
users can subscribe to british-cars because they do have a valid
"gateway" and thus a valid "internet" address.

Hope this helps, and if anyone knows anything to the contrary,
please let me (us) know as I have two other folks that I know
have Prodigy and would love to get the b-c email list.

Cheers,
Standard Disclaimer- Any opinions, etc. are mine and NOT my employer's.
Note - If email replying to me with an automatic addressing process
bounces, manually address the resend using one of the addresses below.
Bill Sohl (K2UNK) BELLCORE (Bell Communications Research, Inc.)
Morristown, NJ             email via UUCP      bcr!dancer!whs70
201-829-2879 Weekdays      email via Internet  whs70@dancer.cc.bellcore.com