MGB hardtop seals

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB hardtop seals
From: interf!atlas!jhoward@uunet.UU.NET (James Howard)
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 92 10:10:28 EST
A couple of years ago I picked up an original factory hardtop for my
MGB.  I like it a lot...  it has more headroom than the soft top (when
the soft top is up, of course) and is not nearly as draghty.  However,
this winter I have noticed a slight problem when it rains.  The rubber
seals are shot.  Now I don't mind a little drip here and there, but
the girl I am dating does.  So I went down to the local British car
shop, but they couldn't help me.  Anyone know where I can get new
rubber seals for my top?  I think the one that is at the top of the
windscreen is the same one the soft top uses, but the ones for the
side windows and for the rear deck seem pretty unique.

James