Update on SOL Merchandise

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Update on SOL Merchandise
From: pwv@tc.fluke.com (Pat Vilbrandt)
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1993 14:36:29 -0700
Now that requests have slowed down to a trickle, it's about time for an update
on the SOL merchandise offer.  At last count, I've gotten requests for 40
T-shirts, 16 mugs, 14 caps, 10 sweatshirts, 8 polo shirts, 7 mouse pads, 2
jackets, and one Beer Stein!  The good news is that this enough dollar volume
to get us a 10% discount on our collective order!  Here is how it will work:

    I will be sending (Emailing) out a from for everyone to fill out,
including items, quantities, sizes, etc.  The pertinent SOL logo information
will already be included.  On the form you will also need to put your shipping
address, your preferred shipping method, and your preferred payment method.

    At this point, you could either Email the form back to me (if you want to
pay by personal check, you will need to US mail the form and check back to
me), or you could print out the form and mail it directly to Image Graphics,
Inc.  I would recommend, however, that I act as the "clearing house" for this
(initial) order, just to ensure that we get the discount, that no one gets
charged a minimum order charge, and also just to make sure that everything
gets coordinated correctly.  (I promise to keep all charge card account
numbers confidential, and I will not keep any copies of the information once
the orders have been submitted.  I highly recommend using plastic to pay for
international orders!)

    Shipping:  Image Graphics will be doing the shipping directly.  Shipping
charges are extra.  (Minimum $5.00)  There will be a schedule included with
the form.  International shipping (outside of N. America): the basic shipping
charge includes surface shipping, but it could take 3 - 5 weeks to receive
your order.  For shipping via Air Mail, you will be billed for actual cost.
 (Another good reason to pay for it with a charge card!)

Descriptions of the merchandise:

    T-shirts, sweatshirts, and polo shirts are available in 50/50 cotton/poly
blend or a synthetic product called "UltraCool".  This last type is an
athletic-shirt type of material that wicks moisture away from your body and
therefore is "cooler" to wear.  T-shirts are also available in 100% cotton.
 "UltraCool" and 100% cotton items should be ordered 1 size larger than you
would normally need.  (The cotton shrinks, the "UltraCool" items run on the
small side, according to Paul Spears @ Image Graphics.)  (Sorry Randell &
Shel, no XXLT available, just XXL!)

    All items are available in white.  Caps can also be ordered with a white
"front" for the logo, and a black, navy blue, red, or maroon body.  (No BRG.
Sorry!)  Satin jackets and polo shirts are also available in a silver color.
 (The silver polo shirts may require an additional week or 2 of lead time.)

    The logos will be sized as large as possible on the front of t-shirts and
sweatshirts and on the back of the jackets.  For the polo shirts the logo will
be in the breast pocket area roughly 3 1/2" W x 2 1/2" H (9 cm W x 6.4 cm H).
There will also be an option to have a breast pocket sized logo on the front
of the jacket and the t-shirt, and (for an additional $5.00) a breast pocket
logo on the front and a full sized logo on the back of t-shirts and jackets.
 The logo on the mugs and steins will also be roughly 3 1/2" W x 2 1/2" H (9
cm W x 6.4 cm H).  The logo on the mouse pads will be, well, mouse pad size!
 (10.25" W x 8.1" H)

    I will be ordering a polo shirt and mouse pad myself as a trial to make
sure that the colors and sizing are right before submitting the whole list.
I should get the order form made up and sent out sometime this weekend.

So the new list including updated prices is:

        Heavyweight T-shirts     $11.66         Sweatshirts     $16.16
        Polo Shirts              $16.16         Satin Jackets   $35.96
        Caps                     $ 6.75         Mouse Pads      $11.66
        Ceramic Mugs             $ 6.75         Ceramic Steins  $11.66

I should probably state (just to cover my ass!) that I am in no way associated
with Image Graphics, Inc., nor do I stand to benefit in any financial or other
way from this venture.  I only do this as a public SOL service.  :^)

   Pat Vilbrandt       John Fluke Mfg. Co., Inc.      Everett, Washington USA
   pwv@tc.fluke.COM     or: { uunet, uw-beaver, sun, microsoft }!fluke!pwv

        "Can't wait until I get the car back into the condition I was
                 going to disassemble it to"
                                                        -TeriAnn J. Wakeman