Sprite ques./MGB GT Woes

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Sprite ques./MGB GT Woes
From: kjlooney@ssdkjl.b17c.ingr.com (KJ Looney)
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 93 8:31:03 CDT
Well for all those who helped in trying to solve the MGB GT
problems of reduced power, backfiring and etc. I thank you
and I am happy to report the red car is pretty much back
to normal.  I am not so happy to report that I didn't seem
to have much to do with it.  Just started cleaning up
gradually, and now will not reproduce the symptoms.  I guess
this means that in the fuel system there is some not so
solid mass that has been acting as a restriction, so I
ordered a couple of carb kits and a new in-line filter.
Sorry for the slow response to the net, but other time
hogs have been at the trough.

Mabye something will come to me in a dream as to what was
actually plaguing my GT, but for now (with the car running
normally) I'm going to say it was some crud.

Next question, I have finally gotten my AH Sprite home in
the garage that I have owned now for almost six months.
I have never had any AH dealings before so when I went to
order the wheel cylinder and master cylinder kits to
start to make this one go again, I realized that other
than it not being a bugeye, I'm not really sure what year
it is.  I think '62 or '63, but hey what do I know so here
are all the numbers I can find, if anyone knows what year
this points to please let me know:

On engine plate:  10CG DA - H 10399

On front of heater core?:  FHF 2302
                                F276

On top of radiator shroud?: ARA   92   16  63

Oh yeah, with that all important "radiator shroud" #, I'm
leaning toward '63 now.

thanks

ken (can't fix this one,...next) looney

Ken Looney              kjlooney@ssdkjl.b17c.ingr.com
Systems Engineer        205-730-7702  Ext