NE invitation...

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: NE invitation...
From: timd@ptltd.com (Tim Dziechowski)
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 93 19:14:43 EDT
Well, there doesn't seem to be a lot going on this summer in NE (except for
the MG convention in Keene NH Aug 5-8).  So I'm hosting a brit-car barbeque
and inviting the list and some folks with LBCs (Little British Cars) who
aren't on the list.

What:   Britcar Potluck Barbeque and Wrenchout
When:   Sat. August 14, raindate Sat. Aug. 21, 2nd raindate Sat. Aug. 28,
        Noon 'til whenever, but come earlier if you want to wrench.
Where:  "Neglected Acres" (my place) 45 min. from Boston
        109 Maple Avenue, Atkinson, NH
RSVP:   603-362-4072 or timd@ptltd.com

The goal is to get together for some food, brew, volleyball, wrenching,
fun, and britcar chat.  We can offer you a hillclimb (the driveway),
and have room for 20-30 LBC's up the hill.  If anyone is vacationing in NE
or wants to do some ambitious wrenching, there's room to camp and stay
the weekend.  Plenty of fresh garden produce, and lots of room and stuff
for kids to do.  Bob & Bob of Brit-Tek (formerly Foreign Parts Unlimited)
are planning to come with their B's, Lucas willing.

Please RSVP and check what (if anything) to bring.  We need a head count
to make sure there's enough brew.  Bring any consumables your car may need.
I have the vanilla shop stuff: ramps, jacks, gas welder, colortune, EZbleed,
dwellmeter, tach, compression tester and tools.  If anyone has exotic stuff
like an ignition scope or exhaust analyzer and can fit it, that'd be nice.

DIRECTIONS:

>From Boston:

93 North to Exit 44A (495 North)
495 North 12.2 miles to Exit 51B (Route 125 North, Haverhill/Plaistow)
125 North .8 miles to fork in road at third traffic light just past
MacDonalds, take left fork onto 121 North.
121 North 3.1 miles to Atkinson town center (such as it is),
take hard right just past Variety Store and before town triangle
onto Academy Road.  Follow Academy past brick Town building on left
(little pond in front), up rise to next intersection (Maple Avenue).
Left on Maple .4 miles to 109 Maple on right.  Feel free to drive on
grass if your suspension is lowered.

>From Manchester, NH:

93 South to Exit 3, right at end of ramp onto Route 111 East.
Take 111 East across Route 28, go about 10 miles to first real traffic
light (there's a few blinking lights intervening).  This is Route 121.
Take 121 South several miles to Atkinson Town center, take left just past
cemetary and before town triangle onto Academy Road, follow directions above.

>From Maine:

Take 95 South, through NH to Route 495 in Mass.  Take 495 West to
Exit 51B (Route 125 North), follow directions above.

If anyone gets lost or breaks down, just plug your Lucas Portable Computer
into the cigarette lighter and send email to timd@world.std.com and we'll
send out a rescue party.

timd@ptltd.com  (Tim Dziechowski - Phoenix Technologies - Cambridge, Mass)
"Or you could just call us on your Lucas Car Phone, or you could just fix it."